Thursday, October 20, 2011

Apple Pies and Other Little Adventures.

This week I decided I wanted to try out a new recipe, and I wanted something sweet. Apples were on sale at the store. Then, I found a recipe for mini apple pies. This is the link to the recipe that we used:
http://www.noveleats.com/dessert/mini-apple-pies/


We used half granny smith half gala apples for our filling, and I think that if you want enough dough for a top like they show you'll need to make more dough than the directions say, or roll it out really thin. We doubled the batch though.

Daniel did all the lattice work on our pies. He did such a good job with the little strips of dough. I just cut them all out to help though. I was really excited that they turned out tasting so good! It was really exciting to make something new and different. They were also the perfect size for Daniel's lunch box (so Daniel got to have a tasty treat in his lunch box several days this week instead of something boring. They taste good cold or warm.

Other than that Daniel has been busy with his work class this week. Saturday we went into his office so he could do some homework. Homework is kind of lame, but it was cool to finally see Daniel's cubicle. We also went over to a couple from our ward's apartment for games and had a lot of fun. Neither of us won, but it was a good time anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.