We finished up the Savior of the World performances from our last post. For some reason everyone at church liked to call me by my name and then "oh, I mean Nephi." I think they were probably just letting me know that they'd noticed it was me playing Nephi. I'm pretty sure more things happened between that and our trip but I can't remember what, so we'll move on to our trip.
Thursday we drove to the airport for our flight, got to our gate, and noticed that our flight's time had been moved back since the time we'd printed our boarding passes, so we got to spend a lot of time at the airport -- especially because the plane arrived even later than they'd been planning on. We were a little worried we'd miss our transfer even though they assured us it would be okay. They were right. We got to Utah and stayed the night in a hotel, which was probably one of the only parts of the trip that really felt like a 'vacation'. Then Elissa's parents came to get us and it got crazy:
We just had time to grab a bite to eat, head over to Cortney's hotel, pick up the photographer (Emily Pilmer of pilmerportraits.com) and head to the Bountiful Temple, where we had pictures taken before the ceremony. It was really cold but I suppose it was worth it. After that of course the wedding happened, and one large group picture was taken. Then we headed over to Bella's Mexican Grill for the wedding dinner. They had excellent fajitas (see, we even managed to get food in this entry). Finally we drove to Elissa's parents' house just in time to get in bed.
The next day was really busy as we worked tirelessly to turn her parents' house into a reception hall complete with a heated near-outdoors hot chocolate bar(and yes, it was really warm even with the only separation from the outdoors being plastic. I mostly worked on that with Elissa's dad, while she worked with her mom on basically everything else. I hear she dipped about a million candy canes in chocolate.
Sunday we headed to Orem and visited my family. We only got to visit until Tuesday morning butwe got to see everyone in my family that's in Utah. We had fun making fudge and sugar cookies to take to the neighbors an then saw a large Nativity play put on by the nieces and nephews. It was great to spend that time with family.
We haven't really done a lot out of the ordinary since the trip, so I think I'll call this post officially over.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.