Earlier this week Daniel send me a message during work that says something like "Hey, I want to take you hiking!" Well, as you probably all know, I don't really love hiking, but because I really liked him, I said, "Okay." So, after some research, we found a place that was supposed to have some good hiking trails. Come to find out our research lied, and it had one short hiking "trail." It was fun to get out and about while the weather was nice and to see some new scenery. If we had been brave and it had been a little warmer, we might have tried a nice little dip in the springs that they have along the trail. We still might have to go back some time and try it out!
This week we also decided that it was about time we buy new sheets. When you see some holes it is probably time for new sheets! And, who knew that there were so many options when you are picking out sheets? (Oh, probably most of you knew, but we didn't!) So, we finally picked out some sheets after lots of looking and deliberating. Next we pre-washed them, and after a test night or two, I think we can agree that they are pretty nice!
Finally, this week I finally got a new lunch kit for Daniel. So you all know the context for this story, right after we got married Daniel and I bought some Ziploc divided lunch containers to carry our lunches to school. (We got them with a coupon and everything!) They are pretty good little lunch containers. We brought a sandwich along with some fruits, vegetables, and snacks to school with us every day. But, like all cheap containers, they'd had it. After trips through the dishwasher, as well as an inability to store anything liquid, it was just time to let them go!
Unfortunately, that meant that I needed to find a new way of packaging Daniel's lunch to take to work. I fell in love with these American Bento Boxes, but realized that they were really more for children, and not for grown men to take their lunches to work in. (They also didn't have a perfect box for storing a sandwich, which is basically a lunch staple)
So, I went back to researching and after a visit to a few stores found that Rubbermaid was making a nice little storage box, but the size/shape I wanted only was sold in large box sets. Once I got over the fact I'd have to buy some boxes I might never use, Daniel and I went to Walmart. Luckily for us they had a post clearance (returned well after the store sold out) box sitting on the shelves. We got 30 pieces for $7.00! Then we ordered a lunch box online because the ones we had just wouldn't hold Daniel's lunch!
All in all we had a good week. It was fun to get our containers on sale, and it was a good week over all!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.