Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving

Today was Thanksgiving, but before we talk about the joys of actual Thanksgiving, I have to talk about going to the grocery store the night before Thanksgiving because it was pretty crazy!

I'm not sure if any of you have ever been to the grocery store the night before Thanksgiving, but it is like a crazy mad house. First, we decided to go to a new grocery store that is closer to our new house. Since it was dark and we had never been there before, it was already hard to find. Once we got to the store, we  had to search for a parking spot and had to wait to get a cart because almost every cart was in use. Once we got inside we had to tread carefully around throngs of people. It was interesting because people that we started in the dairy section with were just about ready for check out at the same time, even though we didn't coordinate or follow each other around. It was basically crazy.  Fortunately, the store had everything super stocked so there were no fights over the last can of pumpkin or the last box of stuffing mix. Though it was a mad house inside, the store clearly did everything they could to make it a pleasant experience. Next year though, I'm just going to the store a week!

Today, I cooked a turkey for the first time. It was only a boned turkey breast (with extra meat), and I'm not sure I've graduated to a new grade. I put it in the oven and it cooked and cooked and cooked. It got two hours in and I was worried that I put it in upside down! After a lot of struggle, I got it turned over, but I'll do better next time. In fact, next time, maybe I'll just buy  boneless Turkey breast for Daniel and I. It seems a lot easier than a bone in chunk of turkey. (Or I could just buy a frozen pizza!) Everything else went pretty smoothly though. We have enough left overs for several meals. So all in all, I think we had a pretty successful dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.