As a background, we decided to watch the Amazing Race this season, and we had a lot of fun watching and talking about how we would have done things different (or exactly the same). So, I decided to plan a leg of the Amazing Race for us to do (albeit not as exciting or exotic). In the picture you can see all the clues we found as we went about:
We weren't very successful at doing our 'Detour' activities because of the weather and the fact that I chose the wrong kind of park, but the rest turned out about how I had planned. Elissa even found 2 cute things at the outlet mall instead of just one.
The Salt Lick was one of the last 'Must-see Austin locations' we hadn't been to (that I know of). We find this a little strange, because it's in Driftwood, which is like the middle of nowhere about an hour from Austin. We're thinking they like the location for the low taxes. It's this BBQ place that was supposed to have the best sauce and really good meat. We usually get brisket, but this time Elissa decided to get pork ribs (and I figured I'd have some too). It was a good thing, because the pork ribs were way tastier than the brisket (which, wasn't disappointing either). All in all it was very tasty and we had a good time.
As we've been moving in, we decided it was finally time to start a few minor projects around the house. We were particularly proud of our new shelf for our TV/monitor:Well, that's all for this blog post, but since this one is late, I already know we have a good one coming next week, so check that one out too!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.