Tuesday, March 18, 2014

First Cake

Okay, this is not about Ella's first cake.  Nor is it about anyone's first cake (made or eaten).  This is, in fact, mostly not about cake.  However, I was in need of a title, and I did do my first cake for an online cake decorating class.  It wasn't anything fancy; the cake was just a practice of a few of the basics -- mostly the part where you actually make a cake and do the boring coat of frosting.  I decided to share it with my coworkers since neither of us were particularly craving cake.

And now for everything else...

Ella decided to veto my decision to merely shift everything we do by one hour on the clock (we wanted it to be as if daylight savings time never existed).  I hadn't realized that babies were even given the power to veto things with such authority, but hey, we all learn new things as parents.  As least she's usually happy about it.  Sometimes it's a little less clear though.

I think Elissa has figured out a little bit of a routine with Ella (but unfortunately it's 'good naps twice a day at the beginning of the week, then less sleep every day until Sunday comes' and she crashes and falls asleep early).  Oh, and I don't know if we told you about how this old root beer bottle seems to be her favorite toy right now.

We had some friends come visit us from the Dallas area.  We mostly played games, explored a local shop (where I got this new puzzle cube), and visited the Salt Lick for some good ole Texas barbecue.  Unfortunately we got distracted from making an excellent pie for pi day, so we just got to that last night instead.  I never turn down a really good excuse to make pie.

If all goes well tomorrow (keep your fingers crossed), I'll be done with everything I have to work on (until some other people get more stuff for me to work on) for my secret project that I've been working on since I got hired at National Instruments.  All you people who use test/measurement equipment should be excited for when it comes out (the rest of you probably couldn't care less).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.