Saturday, May 31, 2014

Daddy-Daughter Activities

Lately Ella has taken a liking to hanging out with her dad (that's me!).  It's been really fun to have some games to play with her.  I've got some pictures of a few of the highlights:

  • We call this activity Ella Fishing.  As you can see, the object is to use my work access badge as bait, and she can't resist it.  Sometimes she wins.
  • Sometimes we play 'dress up'.  (Though it's really just Ella that wears stuff).
  • She's learning to stand up so I'll spot Ella while she sidles along tables, couches, etc.
  • It's really fun to play with Ella while she practices standing and holding herself up in her crib.  Sometimes she even gives an 'I love you' smile.
This doesn't really have anything to do with my blog post, but Ella did this with her hair, and we couldn't pass up a picture.  We think it might be because of some sunscreen that got in her hair.

So there's an episode of Doctor Who, where they try to get Queen Victoria to say "I am NOT amused" for the whole episode.  Since seeing the episode, I've thrown the quote out a few times.  We're pretty sure Ella must have heard.  But she was just playing.

Also, an update for me -- I have started playing organ for the congregational singing in my ward (and pre-/post-lude), my project finally shipped, and I think that must have been the last requirement before they gave me a promotion to 'Staff Hardware Engineer'.  'Cause they promoted me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.