Saturday, February 27, 2016

Chair Redo

Sometimes I get crazy ideas. Sometimes those crazy ideas turn out okay. We got some chairs from a friend who was moving. I've been wanted comfortable chairs for our library room for a long time. It was really a win/win for everybody. They were both hand me downs that were hand me downs. One was green, and the other had a beige slip cover.

I enjoyed the chair, and would have been quite content until, while wandering through the Goodwill, I saw a big roll of upholstery fabric. Upon finding out this whole roll was only $5, I knew that I would bring the fabric home and do something. Looking at the projects I needed to do that took fabric, I realized that this fabric would be perfect to redo the chair in the slip cover! I had at least a dozen pinterest pin on the topic, so I could totally do this, right?

I pulled off the cover and found this stained yellow fabric. (The picture has the back of the chair in the new fabric, and the rest is the original.) I had a very satisfying time getting started pulling out staples. After finishing the back, I had a very sleepless night realizing that perhaps the $5 roll would not be enough fabric. Oops. After measuring and realizing I needed more, and several different trips to several different fabric stores, I found a coordinating fabric to supplement.

After thinking about giving up in the middle several times and help from Daniel with hard parts, we had a finished project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.