This week we haven't done a whole lot, but we'll tell you about the adventures we did have. Saturday we decided to go see some neighborhoods around Austin/Round Rock. I decided that Daniel needed to try Round Rock's "famous" donuts. (I had them when we were down here in November.) You might not be able to see it from the picture very well, but they are actually orange. The dough is orange and Daniel thinks that they make the glaze look a little orange to enhance the orange effect of the donuts. I am not sure about that, but they are definitely orange, and tasty. (They remind Daniel of Kristi's donuts. They remind me of Stokes donuts in Burley when they are fresh on Friday nights.) Basically they are a yeast rise donut that they cook every day. The ones we had were warm and a little melty.The donut part of the adventure was successful. The looking for a favorite neighborhood was less successful. We don't have a favorite, but Daniel liked most of the neighborhoods we looked at, so apparently I picked out good ones. I guess that just means we have more options when we save up enough for a house someday.
Daniel's work is going pretty well. Except this week he was working on a detailed block diagram filed that got corrupted. So he got to spend some time today trudging through the XML style stuff. He basically edited the file and found the problem. So that is good. He has been busy getting things done at work. I think he likes that.
Basically, we had a boring week, but now you all know all about it!
Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.