Thursday, August 4, 2011

We Can Never Be Movie Critics

So, our title is from an episode of The Office we watched. Andy says, "I could never be a movie critic because I am not deep enough. I could be a food critic, 'that muffin is bad'; I could be a an art critic,' that painting is bad' . . . " We have decided that we do not go on enough adventures of our own, so we can't be movie critics. We can, however, be book critics, which is something we did this week in full force. (No offence to people who loved/might love/wrote these books. We are sure that you are great people.) Daniel started Running with the Demon by Terry Brooks because I liked some of his other books, but Daniel only made it a couple of chapters in the book before he declared it frustrating and refused to read it anymore. I started The Children's Book, I don't remember the author. The cover made it sound really interesting. I understand that it takes a while to get interesting sometimes, but after 5 chapters and 60 pages I was still bored. (Sorry Mr. Roper, I didn't make it to page 100 like you told me to always do before giving up on a book.) Don't worry everyone, we went back to the library and got new, interesting books. We'll have to see if they end up being boring; we'll let you know when we finish them up.

This week we also decided to try roasting marshmallows over our gas stove top since all outside fires are banned until further notice. They turned out pretty well. Daniel was better at it than me, but he is better at it when we have a real campfire too. He decided to make me feel better about it by deciding to lick the fork off which ended up burning his mouth. The edges were cool, but it was really hot where the marshmallow was still on the fork. *Lesson* Don't stick hot things in your mouth even when they have yummy gooey marshmallow on them.

Saturday we went and got our tires rotated. It didn't take too long even though there was a really long line of people in front of us when we got to the store. We flipped through some magazines and got right out of there. Overall, it wasn't a bad experience getting our car tires checked on. Sunday we helped give the 5th Sunday discussion. It went pretty well. The 20 or so people in our group seemed excited to do service and help people. That is good. We also learned that there is a secret lesson manual on LDS.org for our Sunday school class that includes pictures, and stories that isn't in the regular online version. It is helpful to know what story you are supposed to be telling!

That was our week! Hope you all have a great week this week too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.