Thursday, September 15, 2011

Provo Visitors

This week was kind of exciting. The BYU football team came down to Austin. Daniel and I got to go to the football team fireside. It was pretty cool. There was a cool musical number where Brian Smith sang a solo, and the team sang "We'll Bring the World His Truth. A couple of team members gave their testimony of the gospel as well as their stories of coming to BYU and becoming missionaries. Bronco Mendenhall and his wife gave the closing remarks.

Sunday our ward literally doubled in size for sacrament meeting because of all the people who came down for the game. Our whole chapel and cultural hall were filled up! We are usually pretty crowded with the pews and the over flow, but this was crazy!

This weekend Daniel and I worked on our craft projects. Daniel is almost done with his nativity set that he has been making for almost a year now. It is pretty cool! He has a few sheep left to make, and then he will need to find a new project to keep him occupied.

Saturday I decided that our living room needed a rug.  I also decided that I needed something to do. So, I started making a rug. I stole some of Daniel's left over yarn and started working. I'm not sure how other people don't have lines from when they change colors, but I guess it gives my rug a little character or something. I was pretty excited, so I posted a picture of it!

This weekend we are hoping to go to the civic orchestra on Saturday. It should be really exciting!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.