This last week hasn't been super exciting,but we did do a few things. One of the first things we did was make fresh tortillas. I had never done it before and neither had Daniel, but we decided that if we neededh to live on food storage some day that tortillas would be a necessary item. They turned out pretty well. I just made half a batch or so which makes about 10 or so Tortillas because Daniel and I didn't need 20 tortillas this last week! I followed the recipe on this website /http://foodstoragemadeeasy.net/2009/10/29/whole-wheat-tortillas/ but I just used multi purpose flour instead of whole wheat flour. This is the recipe:
Whole Wheat Torillas
4 cups of whole wheat flour (fine)
¼ tsp baking powder
2 tsp salt
1 cup of warm water (may need a little more – I usually do!)
¼ cup cooking oil
We also ended up going to the ward building several times. Wednesday we went to the building for recommend interviews. In case anyone was worried, we both passed! Afterward, we stopped at the grocery store for oatmeal (which was half off) and ice cream (which was on sale, and we had a coupon) The ice cream was a little disappointing (I think it was on sale because it was a little old.) But, I made some stove top granola with the rest which turned out pretty well.
Thursday I went to our Relief Society activity which was an "episode" of Food Storage Jeopardy. I won two cans of tuna fish as a door prize. Most of the ladies had a good time, and the presentation was informative. I think the storage coordinator was right in saying with disaster so close to home this week that most of us have been thinking about getting our food storage together. (Oh, in case anyone was worried, we are just fine. The Austin fires weren't near our apartment, and we didn't have to evacuate or anything.)
Sorry our blog is late this week, since I went to the meeting last night and came home a little late, there wasn't much time for blogging! I'll do better next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.