Friday, January 6, 2012

A New Year that Feels the Same

It is a new year, but Daniel and I are still doing the same old things. Funny how we emphasize the coming of the new year, but in reality, everything isn't that different once the clock strikes midnight. I suppose we are supposed to be looking at where we were when we last celebrated the changing of the new year. Because, I think for most people there is a difference. It is just funny because after all the hype and build up, nothing has really changed.

For us, the change from 2011 to 2012 was a small affair. We ended up watching the first 6 Harry Potter movies in 2 days. We made some almond bark popcorn to snack on New Years Eve, and we had a good time. The fireworks started early in the afternoon. I didn't see even one of them, but I heard them even while it was still light outside! It was a good evening, and we enjoyed our little New Years celebration.

Monday we got to spend the day at home for the "holiday." Daniel helped me clean up our house and put away our Christmas decorations. Basically our house was cleaner than it has been in a long time! It helped that we could put things back in our extra closet now that that tree was going back to the corner so that we could stack all of our other things back in! Also, I decided to check the dry vent (the one in the wall) to see if that is why my clothes were taking so long to dry. And, I was amazed to find lots and lots of fluffy dryer lint was living in our wall. I pulled out what I could, and it seems to have improved our dryers capabilities immensely.

Oh, and in case you all didn't already know this, Daniel and I have been reading the Harry Potter books together for the last few months, and last night, we finally finished reading the last one! I admit that I cried lots of times, mostly while I was supposed to be reading. Daniel was tough and didn't cry at all. Also points for Daniel, he didn't laugh at me while I was trying to read and cry at the same time. Which, I assume probably looked and sounded kind of ridiculous and would have been easy to laugh at.

All in all we've had a great week, and I hope that we (and all of you) have a splendid new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.