This last weekend I hosted my first candidate for NI (National Instruments). For those of you who aren't familiar, they fly their candidates down for a weekend and have 3 interviews on Friday (so the candidate can show they're worth hiring) and the host shows them around town and answers questions (so NI can show they're worth moving to). Hosting definitely has some perks -- like free dinner, but it is a drain on free time and can be stressful. Sometimes candidates are married and I would get to bring Elissa with me to dinner. Anyway, it was pretty fun. The guy who came down to interview was a BYU student who came from Beijing and is majoring in computer science. Lucky for me he was a nerd, so we had things to talk about.
I don't really know what else to talk about this week, but know that we're alive and happy down here in Texas.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.