Friday, July 13, 2012

A Short Post

I know we already posted twice this week, but those posts were for the last few weeks while we were on vacation, so I'm going to post a short update about us since we got home. It hasn't been too busy of a week so far, but it has rained like crazy. Since we've gotten home it has basically stormed every night. There has been thunder and lightning, and buckets of rain. I know that I write about the rain every time it rains, but for a girl from the high dessert in Idaho it might as well be monsoon season when it storms every day for a week. It is good for us here in Texas because any rain helps to end the drought.

I got a copy of this month's book club book The Durnsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. Once I started I couldn't put it down. It is always nice when a book that gets recommended is an instant favorite that I would never would have found on my own to read. Anyway, in case you can't tell, I really enjoyed the book. It is all letters back and forth (mostly between the main character and other characters) used to tell the story of Durnsey (an English Channel island) that was occupied by the Germans during WWII. I think I enjoyed it partly because the main characters are always talking about British Romantic and Victorian literature, things which I'm familiar with and really enjoyed. So, if you are looking for an interesting read, this one was pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.