Friday, August 10, 2012

Movies and Groceries

This week Daniel and I ventured back to the Alamo Drafthouse to catch a movie. Since the last time we we went there we watched a chick flick, I decided to offer, and watch one of the many super hero movies that came out this summer. We decided that we would go and see the new Spiderman movie. (Partly because I saw the preview and thought it might have a reasonable plot line as well as interesting super hero antics. ) The movie ended up being pretty good. I enjoyed it better than the last Spiderman movies.

Alamo Drafthouse is always fun because they serve you food while you watch the movie -- dinner and a show! This time we decided to get french fries and popcorn. It isn't much for a "dinner," but we were going to a lunch time matinee. (And no one can say we didn't eat any vegetables :P) Anyway, we just had a good time on our fun dinner and a movie date.

This week our grocery ads came a day later than usual in the mail, so I didn't get our menu planned out until Wednesday night (our usual shopping night.) Daniel agreed to go to the grocery store without me because my visiting teachers were coming, and do all the shopping with the list I made up for him. He did a great job getting everything we needed. We even had enough left over to get some ice cream! We decided to try strawberry pie, and it has been pretty tasty so far! (We have only had one bowl, but I'm sure that it will still be good tasting in future bowls as well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.