Saturday, September 22, 2012

Homemaker Skills

This week was a pretty standard week. Daniel was busy trying to meet work goals during the day. He is working on putting together a testing plan for the product he is working on. It is a super secret project with super secret components that I'm not allowed to give specifics on. All you need to know is that Daniel has been working hard on it, and that it is pretty cool. (Well, pretty cool for engineers :P )

On Thursday we decided it was high time that we get our groceries for the week -- especially since we usually shop for groceries on Wednesday. Sprouts, the mostly produce store, was having a good sale on lots of items, but some of those items were only on sale Thursday-Saturday. We ended up getting 2 pineapples (for Daniel and the love of Psych, of course), 4 pounds of beef, and 2 pounds of cheese. (Along with a few other things, of course.)

As for me, the other day I saw a post that said, "What if Pinterest was made by men to re-domesticate women?" Then, I saw a pin on Pinterest with a "how to" on building your food storage at $5 dollars a week, but it wasn't exactly what I needed. It didn't really include any kind of meat, and the only protein was from beans. So I've added chili, canned tuna, canned chicken, and freezing beef to the list. To that end, we  froze the 4 pounds of beef and one and a half of the pounds of cheese for our food storage. I'm trying to do better at getting something for food storage every week while I'm at the grocery store.

This morning, I finally pulled out my sewing machine and had Daniel help me figure out the directions on how to thread the machine because I found a cute project I want to do, a new temple bag. Of course, I found that on Pinterest too! So in response to the the first pin I say, "Who cares about that! Pinterest tells me how to do all this cool stuff!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.