This week Daniel has been really busy at work since Tuesday, so I'm going to tell you all about his birthday. First, I think you should know that, I'm pretty sure he had a great time, and that he really appreciated all your birthday well wishes!
In the morning, we went to a neighborhood garage sale. I would say that it was pretty informal. If you wanted to participate, you just set up on your driveway, and the people would come around and see what you had. The neighborhood association advertised so there would actually be people that would come buy all the stuff.
We managed to bring home a lot more than we expected. For $25 we got all this stuff! For his birthday, Daniel got a rotary cutting mat (for puzzles), the last two Harry Potter books, and a new game (Literati). We also got a rocking chair, a jewelry box (for me), a shower curtain for upstairs, a coffee table, and a couple of boat pictures. Added bonus not pictured: We also got to meet some neighbors around the neighborhood!
Then we watched all the sessions of conference. It can be easy to forget how amazing it is that we have prophets and apostles who talk to us every six months! Perhaps small consolation for Daniel because conference weekend means no time for parties!
Since then, Daniel has been pretty busy. Besides just working on his regular "super secret" project this week, he is also preparing to co-presenting two different presentations at NI Tech next week. (NI Tech is basically an employee seminar put on by Daniel's company. Employees put together presentations about the cool things that they found, learned or engineered during the year. The other engineers come sit in and learn new techniques and ideas for future projects.) So, Daniel has been busy preparing his presentations this week. As his favorite (and I assume cutest) guinea pig, I can tell you that the presentations are getting better all the time! I think he'll be glad once they are over with though!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.