This has been a crazy busy week, but there have been lots of good things about it. First off, we were invited to a housewarming party with one of my coworkers. Since his house is about an hour drive away (I'm not sure how he deals with the commute), we decided to carpool with my cube-mate. They made very good BBQ and had fun ridiculously-large version of normal games (like 2x4 jenga, which I was going to show a picture of but don't have it yet).
I've been really busy with work. I have been working on validating a design and getting 2 different 1 hour presentations put together (I was co-presenting both of those, so I was only responsible for about half of each). Elissa explained last week. The presentations are put on by other folks in R&D, and the bar is set pretty high (not that people need to make moving speeches, but that people need to really know the subject matter they are presenting on). In addition to having 2 presentations to give, I was trying to finish validating a design before we ordered a new revision of the prototype board, and the timing happened to coincide with NI Tech.
On Tuesday, I finished up the validation I was trying to do, which was really nice. And I came home feeling very productive, wanting to finish up some of the projects around the house we have been meaning to do. We got some pictures hung up, put up some miscellaneous organization stuff, and put up some cup holders we've been meaning to install.
Today was the big day for my presentations (I know, 2 in one day, that sounded rough to me too). But, we did our best to prepare, and when the time came, the presentations went rather smoothly and I think people came away feeling like the presentation(s) had been worth their while. As a side note, they gave me a cool polo which I get to keep. All in all, definitely glad I did it, but it was super-stressful and I don't know if I want to do it again any time soon (at least not 2 presentations during the same week that semi-critical validation needs to be done in).
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.