Baby's Room
We have been slowly working on the baby's room. You all got to see my changing pad covers a few weeks ago, and last week we did lots of decorating around the rest of the house. Today we thought we'd work on the baby's room some more. We aren't quite done yet, but we are getting really close! We just finished hanging the peel and stick letters I bought for the bears and letters 'theme'. It looks pretty cool!
Awesome Panoramic Picture! - care of my sweet patient husband
We had already hung up the bear and hearts rug, and I had already found a way to mount up my baby blanket from my grandma. (as seen in the picture above)
Birthday
This last week was my birthday, I'd like to thank everyone for their birthday wishes! In case there was any doubt, Daniel took the day to spoil me. He got up and made me a breakfast cake in the morning. They he let me pick all the things that we were going to do all day.
We ended up going out to eat (Free birthday food, and hand dipped ice cream bars at Costco), and we ordered my birthday present! (It should be getting here this weekend!) We'll post pictures of that once it comes and we get it all set up. I told Daniel that the real gift he was going to give me was the fact that he could and would set up my present when it got here.
TV
We also, finally, ordered a TV. Daniel earned a bonus at work for doing hosting. (They do a point system, and he saved up enough points to get a $200 gift card.) He really, really, wanted a new tv for our living room upstairs. He wasn't too crazy because for a long time our only TV has been a 22" monitor. So we picked out the TV set we wanted. (A real upgrade to 39"!)
I told him we had to wait to save up the rest of the money we needed for the new TV, and at the end of last month, I had almost saved up enough.
Luckily, I was looking up the TV during the day, and I noticed on Google that Kmart was having a sale on the TV set that we had decided to buy. It was $40 off the price we were planning on paying! This happened to be the middle of the day, and I told Daniel that I had found it on sale and that I was going to buy it.
I put it in my Kmart online shopping cart (after going through Shopdiscover for the extra 5% cash back), and it told me that they were out of stock. No more in the warehouse. I was a little sad, but I decided to chat with their customer service representative online and see when they would be back in stock. She wasn't sure that they would ever be in stock and asked if I would like a different model. I said that we had decided on that one.
I was about ready to give up, and she told me that she would check on their "partner company website" (read: Sears.com). She came back a minute later and said that I could order it through the other website. (Conviently, Sears.com gives 10% cash back from Shopdiscover). Apparently, they had the power to tell an actual kmart store that had the product in stock to send it to us even if they were out of stock at the warehouse. We were very excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.