Saturday, October 5, 2013

Baby's First Shots


Ella's 2 month appointment was on Wednesday.  Elissa told me I had to take time off of work (because I offered) in case the experience was super-traumatic, as people have suggested it would be.  Ella seemed to be trying to charm us out of giving her shots that day, because she started to be really cute and happy as we got to the office.  It didn't work.

She got stuck 3 times and had an oral vaccine.  We're pretty sure that Ella thought the worst part was putting rubbing alcohol on her to sterilize the area.  All in all, her crying that day was pretty much like all her other crying, so we didn't feel too bad (not that we would regret helping her not get sick and die).


As a side note, I've started working on a modular origami project for Ella (I'm thinking we're going to turn this into a mobile somehow).  I thought I'd share some preliminary results.  From left to right these are: five intersecting tetrahedrons, an icosahedron, an icosidodecahedron, and a truncated icosahedron (with another one of a different style inside it).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.