Last Thursday we found out that we had a colony of fire ants that had decided to take over our kitchen. (Okay, we didn't realized they were fire ants right away.)By Friday morning, I was afraid to go into the kitchen to cook because whenever I did there seemed to be more ants everywhere. (And, I had learned that they made me itchy!) I also realized in the morning that there were ants in my laundry basket of folded clothes! (That would bring very literally meaning to having "ants in your pants!" ) So I spent the next half hour shaking out every item (then refolding and putting away) to make sure the ants wouldn't get on me when I put on my clothes.
Fortunately for us, our apartment complex has a pest control company
stop by every Friday in case someone has a problem. We managed to get on
the list Friday morning. I am also really grateful for the bug man stopping by, after hours, and doing everything he could to make sure that our kitchen would stay ant free! (Our regular bug guy had a family emergency, so they had a call someone else in to get our complex bug free) We now have gel on the inside wall of our counters, white power all over our floor and and idea where all the ants were coming from. He did a great job and took the time to make sure we were comfortable in our own apartment.
We also learned a lot of respect for the little ants. They will walk as far as a mile to find food for their colony. We were a little sad that the remedies were going to kill all the ants in the colony that lived outside, but now that they know our apartment has food and water (and was much closer than a mile away) they would just keep coming back for more.
So, Friday, we decided that would eat out somewhere so that I wouldn't have to go into the kitchen with all the of the ants and chemicals. We went to the County Line (which is a place we go every few months). Little did we know that we were seated right below the talking cow head! (We didn't even know they had a talking cow!) The cow told some cheesy cow jokes for the kids. ( e.g. Why can't a bull drive a car? His horns down work and he can't steer! :P) We ended up having a really great time there though. Their food is always delicious!
Sunday, I got to go to Priesthood opening exercises (which was a different experience :P.) because Daniel got set apart as Elder's quorum secretary. He is nervous, but I know he'll do a great job!
Finally, We have been busy this week making our final plans for our upcoming vacation! We have a list that is probably a full page (or more) long of items to bring and things to do! That is a lot of stuff. Fortunately, most of the items are things to pack!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.