Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Very Texas Birthday

This week has probably been the most humid we've had. It isn't unusual to hear the weather man say "well, today is going to be a muggy  day," "oh, dear... it is about 80% humidity," or " well, the 'real feel' is 5 degrees higher than the actual temperature." Suffice it to say, I'm glad that it isn't so dry or so hot as last summer yet (knock on wood!), but that it is really humid. That hasn't stopped Daniel and I from going on our morning walks. It really is the only time of day that feels like a reasonable time to go walking together since the evening is the warmest part of the day!

This week was also my birthday! We ended up going to a crawfish boil party with people from Daniel's work. Now, before you all go and boo him (or write mean things on his facebook wall), I told him that that having us go was perfectly acceptable, and he even woke up extra early to make me surprise, morning breakfast cake! (Which he chose because I really don't love frosting, and I really enjoy breakfast cake!) Anyway, I thought it was super cute and thoughtful. I did have a lovely birthday! (Thanks to everyone for their thoughtful birthday wishes!)

I did get to try crawfish at the crawfish boil, which I admit, was kind of a weird experience. Way out of my comfort zone because I really don't like to see a creature's head before I eat something. (Let along snap the poor thing in half!) I was a little nervous to start, but I did get the hang of it, I think. I did enjoy them more than I do shrimp. I really don't like shrimp, and I was worried that crawfish would be just like shrimp, and they weren't thank goodness.

My birthday presents from Daniel ended up coming in the mail a little later from my birthday, but we ended up getting more crossword puzzles to do together, among other things, because we just finished up our last book of them. Little did we know that this book would be the size of a phone book! That is okay because that means we have lots of puzzles left to do! We enjoy doing them together occasionally.

Along with my birthday presents in the mail, Daniel finally got to order the new Legend of Zelda game. (He has been diligently saving up his spending money for months and months. Now he finally saved up enough to buy this new game.) I don't know much about it, but apparently it takes advantage of the new Wii motion plus technology. Now I'll just have to find a project to do while he is playing the game. So he can play, and I can be productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.