So, if you any of you know my extended family then you will know that my Grandma hates keeping secrets. So, now that she knows my news, I am just going to tell everyone I can so she doesn't think she needs to keep it a secret!
Here is how Daniel described the situation to me. (at the hospital in a text message):
Guess what -- my girl is growing a healthy baby :D
The text makes more sense in context. We had just gotten out of the 13 week ultra sound, and we had just gotten the same basic news from the ultrasound technician. We even got to take home some pictures for our fridge to compliment the ones I got a 10 weeks.
Oh, in case you didn't guess, I didn't find out until ten weeks that I was pregnant, and even then it was a total surprise to me. I went in for an annual exam, and the doctor came in and said "We can't do your exam today because you're pregnant!" So we got a dating ultrasound with some pictures instead. Total surprise.
So last week with these pictures on the fridge, I teased Daniel "Hey, did you know there is baby in here?" (Then I pointed to my abdomen.) He shook his head and said in a teasing voice, "Oh, I thought those pictures on the fridge were just baby mock ups, and I was supposed to pick my favorite!" I assured him that he did not have to pick because they were all the same baby and that baby belonged to us.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.