Thursday, March 14, 2013

Sick Not Dying

So, we don't have much news this week because first I caught a cold (last Thursday) and then Daniel got my cold yesterday. We have been busy watching Neflix and getting lots of liquids. So, that was pretty much our last couple of days. Fortunately, Tuesday I made a big pot of soup so I didn't have to cook for the two days that Daniel was home. Unfortunately, our kitchen looked like a disaster area until tonight when I felt well enough to do some cleaning.

Daniel stayed home from work yesterday and today to try and get better. So far I think that plan (getting better) is working. I'm just hoping he doesn't get the cough part. For this cold the "bark" (coughing) was way worse than the "bite" (everything else!)

I've been feeling better-ish, so yesterday I went to the store to stock up on supplies. I forgot that our near by grocery store is probably the worst place to pick up over the counter medicines. They don't stock things in a way that makes sense, and often they don't have generic versions of things that I think that they should. (Like a box of nighttime cold medicine. They had the daytime just not the nighttime. I ended up getting the last combination box) I also needed some decongestant, so I went to the counter to get it too. After three trips through the register, I got all the things I came for at the store, and the knowledge that if I'm not sick and dying I should shop elsewhere for my pharmaceuticals.

I'm excited because I was able to sleep last night. I wasn't coughing violently all night for the first time in a week.  I am taking sleeping at night  as a sign that we are not dying, but just sick.  Seriously, I think I might have pulled a muscle I was coughing so hard and so often. Fortunately, my baby should be okay because babies are generally pretty safe even when they are inside the same body that is sick. I have to imagine that the baby didn't like all the coughing though --Too much shaking! We are going to see the doctor next Thursday, so she'll be able to tell us more about our baby then!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.