Friday, June 17, 2011

Graduation

This week was Daniel's second week of training; today he starts "real work."  As for me, I'm still looking for a job. I did apply for a job at NI (where Daniel works) as a technical writer. As far as I can tell they haven't looked at my resume, but that means they haven't rejected it yet! That has mostly been our week this week, so, like the post title suggests the rest of the post is going to be about graduation!

To preface, for anyone who didn't know, Daniel and I didn't walk at graduation because I had a friend getting married, but we did watch the commencement on BYUTV online. (If it is posted on their website, it was a pretty awesome talk by Elder Scott!)

We ended up going back to campus with my parents to take pictures later. (As a side note, it is really nice to take pictures when there aren't thousands of people trying to take the same pictures!) We got a few weird looks from spring term students, but I'm sure they've seen weirder things happening on campus!

Anyway, we took some of the traditional pictures. Here we are, "the world is our campus." We are pretty happy about it.

We also took some less traditional graduation pictures.

We thought it would be fun to have a pictures at the Maeser building because if any building at BYU looks like a building of higher learning, it would definitely be the Maeser Building. It is a pretty awesome building to visit!










Little known facts about the Maeser Building:
(1) the Maeser building is a high ranking contender for "hardest building to get a cart into" (what I learned from work)
(2) Maeser was buried below the basement at one point. (what I learned from New Student Orientation)
(3)One of the most photographed spots for BYU engagement pictures (Complete conjecture on my part)


We also took one of the Clyde Building with Daniel because he spent most of his years at BYU between its walls. I told him he couldn't have "if found, return to the Clyde Buildling" shirt because he needed to be returned to our apartment. Either way, he spent a lot of time there on the fourth floor.


I took a picture at the JFSB because I had a fair number of my classes in the basement (or as I refer to it, the bunker). And, it is a pretty cool looking building to take pictures. Also, the English department in based on the 4th floor, so even though English classes are spread around campus, this would be the department's home.

I had lots of fun in my classes, at work, and doing stuff on campus,  but on the top of my list of awesome things about BYU is meeting Daniel!

So, we had a wonderful experience during our time at BYU. We took fun classes and hard classes. We learned a lot about different topics. In short, we had a good time and the BYU experience was a great experience!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.