Thursday, June 30, 2011

Texas Adventures (and Regular days)

So far in Texas we haven't been on too many adventures. But, this week we did try an "Austin Original," Pizza Paradise. (The name made me think of Pizza Planet, and didn't help that they had a white pickup truck in the driveway to make deliveries.) I thought it was pretty good pizza. Daniel thought it was pretty good as far as I can tell. Coupons are a good incentive when we pick out something to try that is completely new. It gives us a good excuse to pick one new thing over another.

Since moving here, we also tried the famous Blue Bell Ice Cream. My personal opinion is that the stuff in the ice cream is what makes it awesome. If I had to choose, I would get BYU creamery Vanilla, but Blue Bell puts stuff in their ice cream. So far we've tried cookie dough, and dessert trio (it has real pieces of cookies, and brownies, and cake!) Anyway, ice cream is a great treat because it is so hot outside all the time! (It also tastes good). We have also made smoothies and orange julius because our usual treats, like brownies and cookies, make the house too warm.

Our day to day lives haven't been too exciting. Daniel did a little more training, and got his first project to work on. I'm not quite sure what it is, but it's a project for him to do while he is at work instead of more training. (Which is coming, but not immediately, so he gets to work on his project). We also got a pay check, which is better than paying to do work, for sure!

I've been at home mostly. I got lots of fruits and vegetables at the grocery store to eat. I used my skills from home to help pick out corn, and I like to smell all the fruits to decide which ones I want. Basically, it takes forever. (Daniel goes crazy, but he knows that I like to be out, when I get out.) I worked on my newest cross stitch project this week. It is coming very well, as far as I can tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.