This week was Memorial day. We got up with the best intentions to go on a new exciting hiking trail. We woke up and drove the the spot, but even though the website said they were open, the gate was locked! So, our first adventure of the morning was spoiled, but then I remember that Daniel had never been to Central Market,(that is a really, really big grocery store that has basically every kind of food!) so we turned on our trusty GPS unit on and got directions to the store. Upon arriving to the store we found out they were closed too! Foiled at every turn! We returned to our apartment in defeat, but we took a quick walk around the block and came home. Since we didn't have anything else to do, we got to work on our blanket for the family reunion service project. (And finished, it went really quickly.) Daniel told me not to tell any details on the blog because it is top secret until the reunion. I agreed, so you will all have to wait and see how it turned out!
It is now moving season in the ward. Daniel has now helped a couple of times, and he says that his arms might fall off if he moves too many more people out of the ward in the near future. The first was a move on Saturday, and so, he was gone all morning. I helped with the second move by watching the couple's child. (Daniel did all the lifting things, which explains why his arms are threatening to fall off.) I probably had the most fun of anyone helping to move, but they assured me that the help was appreciated.
Today my awesome visiting teachers took me out for ice cream for my birthday. We visited Amy's Ice Creams, which is an "Austin Original" ice cream shop. They had good ice cream in some interesting flavors. I have been near by there before (Austin's Five Guy's is right next door), but I had never been to their little park right behind. It has places to eat, grass, and some bit metal cows for kids to play on. It was fun because a cold front just moved in and there was a breeze making the heat nice instead of dreadful. When I came home, I told Daniel that we had to go hang out outside because it was nice. Our house didn't get quite the same breeze, but it was fun to use our porch for sitting (probably for the first time since we've moved here.)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.