Daniel and I decided this week it would be good to start go on morning walks. It is too hot in the afternoons after work (the warmest part of the day) to go out, so we started going on walks first thing in the morning. This means that we have to get up when our alarm clock goes off, the first time, in the moring. That is something we haven't done in a long time. It is fun to go out with Daniel in the mornings, and to be outside when it isn't really hot, but currently, I'm at the point where I'm sore, and (obviously) not seeing many results from the exercise. If Daniel wasn't encouraging me to get up on time, I would definitely roll over and hit the snooze button a few more times instead of getting up and moving. It is a good thing I have a good husband to make sure I get up instead of stay in bed!
We also thought it would be fun to get some reading done this week. We finished the first two books in the Prydian Chronicles. They weren't too long, and they were interesting and enjoyable. We'll probably pick up the next ones some time next week. (We considered picking them up today, but our closest library branch that has them is closed on Friday's and all of the branches are closed Saturday-Monday.) So, now we'll have to come up with something else that is fun to do for the upcoming holiday weekend. Hopefully we come up with something. If you have any fun Monday holiday ideas for us, we'd love to hear them!
I have also been craving ice cream, lately. It has been a long time
since we've gotten ice cream and it has been getting warm out.
Fortunately, this week, ice cream happened to be on sale! So, we bought a
new flavor of ice cream to try! I'm not sure it is my new favorite
flavor of ice cream, but it was probably some of the best Neapolitan ice
cream I have had. (But that isn't too surprising because I do really like the blue bell strawberry ice cream!) We also got some delicious strawberries. They weren't
just on sale, but they also smelled so good! It was a good grocery week!
This last Sunday we got to sing as a ward choir. Our choir director is moving away, but besides that it is the last time we'll sing until next fall. (Since there is so much going on in the summer time the ward cancels ward choir until the fall when people are a little more permanent in the ward.) I'm excited for the fall to come so we can have more choir!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.