Friday, May 11, 2012

Sometimes When It Rains It Pours.

This week has been a good week here in Austin. It has been a very raining week. It has been cloudy most days, and we have gotten lots of rain! Several nights we got over an inch in rain. (Some nearby areas got more like 2 inches.) I know the locals are like "yawn, it is just raining outside," but for a high desert girl it seems like a lot of rain. 2 inches is what we'll get in a whole summer or something. It is pretty crazy to get that much rain in one night. It is like someone is taking huge buckets of water and dumping them over the area! The thunder here is louder too. I don't know why that is, but it is definitely louder here. I guess when they say everything is bigger in Texas, they are including the rain and thunder storms! It is good though because we need lots of rain to get us out of the drought. We aren't there yet, but if it keeps raining we might get there some time.

This weekend we also got to go to the baptism of one of the daughters in a family Daniel home teaches. Their family speaks both Japanese and English, and the little girl wanted her baptism to be in Japanese. The first talk was in Japanese, and I don't speak Japanese. But the principles are still the same, it was fun watch and know the gospel is the same in any language, even if I didn't know what was being said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.