Thursday, May 3, 2012

Our First Dance (at a dance)

Friday night we got to go to our first dance together.  It was a fund-raising dance put on by the young women in our ward.  They made felt corsages, 'sold' treats, did pictures, provided games, and of course turned the cultural hall into a dance floor.  The music was mostly the kind of music you'd have heard at high schools in the 70-80s, but it was still enjoyable.  They even provided babysitting for people so we got to spend some time getting to know some of the people in our ward with young kids.

The next day, I headed to the church to help out with a merit badge fair (I just signed up to be a merit badge counselor).  I got there right on time -- except that there was no one at the church!  I called Elissa up and we decided that I needed to drive 30 minutes to the right place.  I felt really bad being that late, but I guess every year they've done the fair someone has shown up at the church, so I'm not the first and may not be the last to do that.

I also got to work on a few repairs this week:  I've been working on fixing up a theremin for a family in the ward for a few months (off and on).  I got in the parts I needed to get it up and running and then started the tuning process (I used a tutorial I found online).  I'm sure it could be tuned much better, but it works!  The other repair I did was with Elissa's laptop.  Her fan started acting up so I cleaned it up and tried it out and it seemed fine, so I put it back (but we had to get some thermal grease).  It runs a little better now.

I'm not really sure what else we have to talk about this week.  Hope you enjoyed the post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.