Thursday, May 17, 2012

Games, Books, and (Future) Goodies.

This week our ward hosted a game night. It was really fun. The really young kids had a nursery provided by our local singles' ward. The primary kids watched a movie and the grown ups all played games! We played a shortened game of Trivial Pursuit. We did okay at that, but we didn't win. I did much better at that than the three 80's themed games that we were offered. As one who didn't live a single day in the 80's I figured that would be like a slaughter. Then Daniel and I joined a huge game of Settlers of Catan. They were using the expansion pack to get to to 6 players and then each player was paired with their spouse which made one really large table of people playing the board game. We had a good time getting to spend some time with our ward members.

This week I realized how much I need to find a way to store larger amounts of flour and sugar at some point. This realization cames this week as I basically ran out of flour, white sugar, brown sugar, and cocoa powder at the same time. I can only get the smallish bags because I have no way to store a larger (maybe 20 lb) bag of flour or sugar, after I open it. Eventually I will buy something to store that kind of stuff in. This week I decided to put off my shopping trip until the weekend so I can get all of those baking supplies and my other things. Hopefully, I can find a good deal on all the baking goods that I'm going to buy. I plan to make something tasty with them at some point! Really, we need to seriously work on our food storage stuff around this house! Hopefully I will get all that figured out at some point.

I also finally got around to reading this month's book club book Heaven is Here. It was a pretty good book. I enjoyed the read. It wasn't too long of a read. I did have plenty of time to read it, but it only took a couple of hours to read it. I did end up enjoying the book, but it took a little mental pushing to get started reading it. Daniel and I have also been reading some books together. We just finished the Protector of the Small quartet by Tamora Pierce. It was fun to read some books together. This next week we'll probably start another series of books that Daniel will pick out since I picked out that last ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.